The role of the Methods Engineer will be to create the productionised method of manufacture, converting raw material to finished product, from an engineering drawing or cad model. The manufacturing method will ensure the technical conformity of all products to the required customer specifications. In addition, there will be a need to liaise with tooling manufacturers for concept and final design buy off, purchasing for raw material and sub-contract supply and production for smooth in-load of new product.
Required Skills and Competences
- In depth Knowledge of Sheet meatal and/or machining production processes using material grades as Titaniums, Nimonics, Stainless Steels
- In depth knowledge of jigs and fixture requirements
- Analyzing specifications and drawings
- Understanding of geometric tolerance invoked within Assembly and detail drawings.
- Establishing best manufacturing method
- Creating a detailed and fully engineered method and BOM, including all testing and compliance requirements, within the ERP system
- Follow-up and post-delivery activities, which may include customer / Supplier meetings, process improvement initiatives, and ECR processing
- The ability to work in a team based environment brain storming ideas to develop production concepts.
- Understand and communicate the technical & legislative elements associated with the area of responsibility and support internal and external audits.
- Provide general support to other engineering disciplines as required
- Included in New Product Introduction activities, ensuring new capabilities and methods of manufacture achieve the required level of readiness to enable buy off within the agreed time scale.
- The ability to aid technical problem resolution and improvement activities within Engineering to drive manufacturing processes towards identified consistent best practice.
- Be expected to carry out any other such duties as may reasonably be required of you commensurate with your level within the Company.
- Be familiar with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and in particular your responsibilities.